7 一种从未见过的鱼(6)

Lastly, I can vouch-as improbable as it seems--that even if I had wanted to destroy all myillusions, 最后,我还要肯定一点—这看来像是不可能的—即使我要打破我心中的一切幻想,

even if I had been willing to "give in to despair," I could not ha上海龙凤shlf最新地址ve done so!

上海龙凤shlf最新地址即使我要绝望,现在也办不到!

The cetacean had rammed our frigate at about eleven o'clock in the evening.

战舰跟那鲸鱼冲撞的时间是在夜间十一点钟左右。

I therefore calculated on eight hours of swimming until sunrise.

所以到太上海龙凤shlf最新地址升起,我们还得游泳八个小时。

上海龙凤shlf最新地址A strenuous task, but feasible, thanks to our relieving each other.

我们替换着游,游八小时必然可以做到。

上海龙凤shlf最新地址The sea was pretty smooth and barely tired us.

海面相当平静,我们还不至于过度疲劳。

Sometimes I tried to peer through the dense gloom, which was broken only by thephosphorescent flickers coming from our movements.

有时,我的眼光想看透深沉的黑暗,但什么也看不见,只有那由于我们游泳动作激起的花透出一点闪光来。

I stared at the luminous ripples breaking over my hands, shimmering sheets spattered withblotches of bluish gray.

在我手下破碎的明亮的水波,点缀在镜子般闪闪的水而上,就好像一块块青灰的金属片。

It seemed as if we'd plunged into a pool of quicksilver.

真可以说,我们是在水银中游泳了。

Near one o'clock in the morning, I was overcome with tremendous exhaustion.

到早晨一点左右,我感到极端疲倦。

上海龙凤shlf最新地址My limbs stiffened in the grip of intense cramps.

我的四肢痉上海龙凤shlf最新地址挛得很厉害,渐渐发硬,不能灵活运用了。